Monday, May 25, 2009

Great day for NY baseball


Saturday was a great day for NY baseball. In the first interleague games of the season, the Yankees hosted the Mets' chief rival, Philadelphia. The Mets finished up a road swing against the Yankees rivals, Boston. Both the Yankees and Mets went into the 9th inning trailing, and both teams came from behind to win.

All right, so I'm a transplant to NYC, so maybe my perspective is different. I've pulled for the Yankees for years. It is THE best franchise. Period. But I will pull for the Mets, and I was really disappointed when they choked the past two Septembers.

Still, a lot of Yankee fans hate the Mets almost as much as Boston. I don't think I've met a Met yet that can even say "Yankees" without turning purple.

I've asked NYC natives, and the answer is always the same, "You're either a Yankee fan or a Met fan. That's it." (I'll still pull for the Mets, until they play the Yankees.)

Let's go, Yankees! clap, clap, clap, clap, clap

1 comment:

  1. Still a Yankee fan after all these years, despite living in Red Sox country. Nothing makes me smile like a Yankee win and a Sox loss.

    ReplyDelete